Thursday 11 February 2010

I'm a member of the Secret Post Club, are you?

Heather over at Notes from Lapland had the amazingly brilliant idea the other day of starting a 'Secret Post Club'

The joy of seeing a hand written envelope or parcel that is neither a bill nor someone trying to sell you something.

The excitement as you open it. What is it? Who is it from?

The rush to devour the contents, skim read the letter to find who has sent it to you.

And the warm happiness as you sit down and leisurely take it all in, often re reading parts of the letter or turning over the small gift in your hands. A fuzzy happiness that someone out there thought of you and bothered to send you something, that a few days ago they were thinking of you and reached out to touch your life in some little way.

Everyone loves to receive unexpected gifts or letters, but how many of us do these days? And how many of us are guilty of not doing the reaching out in the first place?

I know I am.

As a teenager my best friends and I wrote to each other all the time, and it was such a lovely feeling, knowing that you were in that person's thoughts right then, even though you weren't with them and were probably sitting at home eating your tea or watching Eastenders at the time. And yet as the years have passed and email, text messages, Facebook and Twitter have replaced all that, it feels like we are missing something, like something is being lost.

And I want to regain that, I wonder if you do too.
If your anything like me you will be stupidly excited about this idea, if you fancy joining the club just click through on the links at the top of this post and it will take you to the form you need :-)

In fact its so good its going under my 'Greatest ever...' labels
Greatest ever...parcel related idea!


2 comments:

  1. So, has it arrived yet? What did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not arrived yet but I think our postman is a bit lazy somedays and likes to save up all our post for certain days-Will blog about it when it arrives :-)
    I'm a bit naughty and havent had a chacne to post mine out yet :-s will be at the post office tomorrow morning though!

    ReplyDelete